Everyone knows that doctors are going to all work for hospitals; our founding premise was that "everyone" is wrong & that physicians will maintain independence with better financial management than what they've had in the past. Pro Fee was founded in 2014 by David Batulis to provide custom management services solutions to independent specialty physician groups around the country. David's unique background as a medical research scientist, hotel manager, and as a physician practice executive position Pro Fee as a trusted management partner and adviser for practices navigating the complex and evolving landscape of healthcare today.
Pro Fee is based in Cambridge, Massachusetts; a hub for the intersection of healthcare, technology and innovation. We bring practices around the country access to insights from market innovators.
Our Core Belief
At Pro Fee our core belief is that each physician is unique, each practice is unique and each market is unique. This drives us to create and custom-tailor management and technology solutions for each of our clients unique needs.
At Pro Fee our goal is to partner with specialty physicians to build practices based on value. A practice where all providers and staff are operating at the top of their licenses. A practice where non value-added work, waste, is removed from workflows out of respect for the provider, staff and patient's time. A practice where the core values driving the delivery of care are evident in action on a daily basis.
Pro Fee adds value to your practice so that you are free to live your values with your team and your patients.
Our Guiding Principles
- Pro Fee exists to produce lasting value for specialty physicians
- If practices continue to do the same things in the same way; they will continue to get the same results
- America has the best physicians in the world and will have an expected shortage of providers just as demographics are demanding the expansion of services
- Physician satisfaction is at a generational low and must be reversed by better optimizing the use of provider time to focus on value-added work
- Many specialty practices are not prepared for declining reimbursement rates and planning for their practice's long term future
Reach out to Pro Fee Specialty Physician Services today to schedule a live Webinar to learn more about our portfolio of services and the value we can add to your practice's bottom line.
Founder / CEO
David K. Batulis, MHA
David brings over 15 years of leadership experience in the healthcare and hospitality industries to Pro Fee Specialty Physician Services. He is a thought leader in revenue cycle management, managed care benchmarking and lean facility planning & design. David has experience as a physician practice executive and leading successful post-merger integration initiatives for practices. Of note, David has led financial transformations for physician practices that have translated into millions of dollars in increased value during his career.
David has developed a unique algorithm approach to helping practices manage the alignment of staffing to patient demand. Additionally, he has adapted a hotel model of customer experience for the healthcare industry based on his experience in hotel management.
University of Minnesota
B.A. Psychology, with Honors
University of Minnesota
Masters in Healthcare Administration (MHA)
- Hoffman Haas Board of Directors Fellowship (2015)
- Experience providing strategic, financial and operational presentations to physician boards
- Board of Directors experience in public health, ambulatory surgery and a social services agency
- Experience as Executive and Board Finance committee member
Training & Certifications
• Myers-Briggs Certified Administrator (2013)
• Lean Six Sigma Black belt coursework
• Change Acceleration Process Training
Eminence & Publications
- Two peer reviewed publications
- Physician practice benchmarking publication
- Epic User Group presentation on Population Health (2012)
- Guest Lecturer on Quality, Family Medicine Residency (2011 & 2012)
- Case Faculty for Graduate Problem Solving Course (2010 & 2011)
- Experience operating and developing reporting in Epic, Cerner, Centricity, AdvancedMD, Allscripts, and SRS